Friday, May 22, 2009

182 Days People!

As of Saturday morning (tomorrow), 182 days! Dang, seems like I just signed up and had 365days! I vacillate between fear, confidence, hope, excitement, and wondering what the heck I have got myself into! I have been training for this for 1/2 year! And finally the weight is starting to budge, down to 378. I have to kick butt (lose mine) over these next 5 months of training to have hope of finishing. If I don't, it will still be a great day and I will have a great training day (but secretly? I am really thinking I can do this!)

This weekend: 4 hour brick tomorrow, 2 hour bike Sunday morning and 2550 in the pool Sunday afternoon, then Monday morning a 10k.

So, are you peeps eating hot dogs and potato salad this weekend, or are you in training?! ("Keep that damn junk food away from me! Can't you see I am training for Ironman!?!) Please share with us what your weekend will or did entail!

2 comments:

Iron Jayhawk said...

How'd your long brick go over last weekend?

So last weekend included a run test and a long run before waking up like death warmed over. I unfortunately have had a week off training due to some random sinus infection/cold drama that I caught. I'm actually at a point where I think I could train without losing a lung again. :) So I hope to be back out there this weekend.

Other than that, my weekend included a birthday party and sitting around with an extremely hungover hubby. :)

Anonymous said...

Training going well - it's starting out slow giving us lots of time to figure out how to organize everything. Trying a new pool with a Saturday swim this weekend as by the time our Sunday swim possibility came around we were really tired from a weekend of gardening and a brick we did.