Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hi everyone, made my 2 swims, 2 rides and 2 runs last week and I'm feeling it. Was starving today and made a very bad choice for lunch - corned beef sandwich and fries. I try to go veggie during the week so the meat was just wrong and I really rarely eat french fries. And it all wasn't very good anyways. I had a perfectly good bean dish that I brought from home that languished in the work fridge.

I really am trying to eat well for training and recovery but I find when I up the training I get really hungry and then I get stupid.

The training gives me some fantastic sleeps and I feel good getting back to it and that makes me feel great.

Planted my city garden on my third floor deck and it's coming along. We also worked on our cottage garden bed on the weekend. There is no real dirt where the cottage is, just rock, lake and bits of somewhat organic material, so we're creating two raised beds to fill with proper soil. It all sound great during the winter. I think my husband wasn't really happy about the plan as he screwed and assembled in the midst of black flies. None of you are from Canada so I'm pretty sure you don't know about the evil black fly. Tiny, tiny, nasty, satanic and only killed off by a couple of 80 degree days. Then the deer flies come. Large, nasty, stanic. I know Deet is a neurotoxin but I was sucking it up Monday.

The goal of the garden is to have good organic food only steps away. Can't say I see myself having saved money for a few years but this seems to me a long term lifestyle. Like triathlon.

Dinner is cooking, music is playing and I'd love to hear how everyone else is doing with the big training stretching out before us.

I know that many of you have blogs and I've started my own as well.

Soonest...

No comments: