Sunday, June 7, 2009

Getting Serious

What is it now... 167 days?  Seems so far off, but if you consider that is 5 months and a taper away, it might be time to GET SERIOUS!  

After a few turbulent weeks of international travel, graduate school finals, and spending a week at the ACSM Annual Conference in my home town of Seattle, this week was finally time for me to "get serious".  I've been biking (my real pleasure) quite a bit, a swim now & again, a run... well, once in a while (can you tell how much I love running?), but no real structure or Ironman focus until now.  

I've eased into this first week of structure with 7.5 hours of biking, 1.75 hours of running, 1.5 hours of swimming, and 3 hours of bikram yoga.  Hmmm, ok maybe I didn't ease in.  That explains the complaints coming from my legs on this mornings run.  

So... my quiet friends... what are YOU doing?  Are you getting serious?  Or are you one of those uber-focused warriors who got serious 4 months ago?  Or... are you still thinking 167 days seems so far off?

Tammy
ATX  

4 comments:

Duane said...

I've been serious since I signed up and I think we finally have my nutrition figured out as I am losing weight again. I wish I had more than 167 days! Argh! 11:26 training this last week, have about 15-16 hours this next week with 7,000 in pool, the rest is bike or walk/jog. Saturday will be a 4 hour brick, Sunday a 2:30 walk followed by 2:00 bike 4 hours later. Bring it on! (The Ibuprofen I mean!) LOL

Iron Jayhawk said...

Last week I had about 12 hours of training included a 62-mile ride where everything went wrong and I crumbled to pieces the last 20 miles. So thank goodness we have 167 days left so I can figure out my nutrition plan...because what I did yesterday isn't going to fly come race day.

If anything it opened my eyes to my biggest weakness and now it's time to work it out!

Molly said...

I've already been in serious mode for a while, as my first 70.3 of the year is coming up this Saturday! It will be a great chance to test my IM nutrition strategy and just get a sense of where I'm at.

Tammy said...

Nice! Sounds like you all have a leg up on me.