Tuesday, July 28, 2009

No Ironman for Me This Year

With a heavy heart I am not racing in IM AZ this year. I will not be ready, that's the truth of it. I have put in the hours and done what my coach asked of me, but my weight has just not come off. I cannot make the times and I won't be able to fit into a wetsuit. I am a mixture of emotions right now - sad, mad, frustrated, disappointed, and embarrassed.

I wish you all the best in your training and your race. I am not sure if I will be down there or not at this point.

I WILL however, be following your progress and hope you all kick ass!

Duane

8 comments:

Sarah K said...

Oh Duane, I'm so sorry. This brings tears to my eyes and I can't even imagine how you're feeling now. You have put so much soul and effort into your training and I think that a lot of us have learned from you. I hope that you continue your journey, regardless of whether that includes an ironman race or not. You're a true ironman at heart!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that you won't be kicking ass this year but, don't you dare put the Iron dream away.

Tammy said...

Sorry to hear this Duane. Have you tried to get your entry moved to next year? Not sure if that's possible, but worth a shot, and that would keep something out there for you to focus on.

Good luck!

Duane said...

I will be down there volunteering and signing up for next year! l look forward to meeting you all and watching you race! There is a blogger meetup Friday night, I will post details soon!

Duane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Duane, are you on facebook?

Duane said...

Yes I am on face book!

Iron Jayhawk said...

Oh Duane...I'm so sorry!!! :( We'll all be carrying a little piece of you with us through the day. Hopefully I'll get a chance to meet you while you're volunteering.