Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Introductory post:

Hi everyone, Susan (Susietri) here.

Quick bio - 44 years old (45 on the 20th - new age group), married 10 years to Alex with small hairy child subsitute dog named Chindi. Alex also does tris and is doing Arizona with me. If we could get a bike for Chindi she'd be all over racing too. She swims like a fish, runs like Lisa Bentley.

We live in downtown Toronto, I work in an investment dealer and Alex works for a large software company.

We both came late to athleticism starting with a tri a try in 2005. I've been through the wringer with anxiety and panic attacks in training and racing (esp in the water) but have come out the other end a better person. If anyone is going through that with open water I'm happy to pass on my experience and the tips that work for me.

Outside of racing and training I'm getting into vegetable gardening and cheesemaking. We like eating - hence the training and racing.

I see a mention of "coach" in one post - who's that, am I missing something?

2 comments:

Iron Jayhawk said...

Hi Susan!! I'd love to hear your advice...I tend to have panic attacks the morning of any big race. Plus this'll be my first mass start of this size, so any OWS two cents I'd love to hear. :)

I don't think we have any coaches within our group, just that some of us are using a coach to guide us through the training.

Jeff said...

Hey Susan! Welcome to the community. I think we are all looking for aditional advise for the mental portion of racing.

I signed up with Endurance Nation for my coaching and it's been tough but pretty good so far. My first race of the season is the end of April so we'll see then.